Described by Time Out Chicago as “a music world that simultaneously haunts and inspires,” Phyllis’s mini-album mesmers is her first self-produced album of originals using the toy piano, music boxes, mixing bowls and electronics. Only 22 minutes in length, the album is a magnified view of Phyllis’s original music and love for small sounds. Physical copies are no longer available, but MP3 downloads are available upon request. Please email chenphyllis321 (at) gmail (dot) com for more information.
1. Carousel for toy piano and hand-cranked music box
2. Colure for toy piano and mixing bowls
3. Double Helix for toy piano and mixing bowls
4. Hypnos for solo toy piano
5. Passageway for sampled toy pianos, bowls, music boxes and prepared piano
6. Cobwebbed Carousel for toy piano and hand-cranked music box
7. Munin Raven for music box and electronics